Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service entails saving and/or sharing given web content on a server hosted by a website hosting supplier. There are different groups of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's have a gaze at these. In that way, you can conclude what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to launch a blog, e-mails, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a solution made available by given hosts, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages are frequently supported by showing adverts next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific interval of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a totally awry interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would distribute the load between individual sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a type of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given vendors offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share a vast number of pictures with mates or partners since the solution is typically free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to tackling your mail aliases. Some suppliers offer web page hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you want to get an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can create email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video clips and several hundred web page viewers, you may have trouble with your web space hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to have as many video files as you wish without hassling about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to run a web site. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and e-mails, upload videos, and so on. At dimensionezero web hosting, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that permit you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one single location. There may be limits based on the type of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web space hosting package may be better or worse compared with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are created for specific web content only.